HolySemtex

I've got several problems!

Hello dear Sir or Madam,I'm facing a huge problem right now.Due problems with starting the installer of Niresh's OSX 10.7.3 V2 I read that the OS X Maverick - Version might work better.So I'm about to download it, but in the meanwhile I'd like to find out, where I could get stucked with my system and it's installation.My specs are the following:AMD FX-8320Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

Geforce GTX 6608 Gig RAM1 TB HDD

What might be helpful for anyone trying to give me troubleshooting is the following:HPET was activated in my BIOS, but I COULD NOT set it to 64-bit.My Processor DOES support 64 Bit, SSE1 up to SSE4A.Since I'm trying to boot a DVD my First Boot is set to my CD-Rom!My SATA mode is set to AHCI.I once played aroung with some flags. "Kernel Cache"=amd arch=i386 -v gave me a Memory allocation error somehow. Maybe because I have to use x86_64?If I'm typing in other flags the system - usually - just reboots and nothing shows up!Thank you for your help!

With a system specs like yours ,the best bet is to try and install mavericks..because you have great hightechHardware it would be a waste of system by installing the old 10.7 Distro on it.One question! Have you try installing mavericks to it?

• Like 2

With a system specs like yours ,the best bet is to try and install mavericks..because you have great hightechHardware it would be a waste of system by installing the old 10.7 Distro on it.One question! Have you try installing mavericks to it?

First off: Thank you for your answer!I'm about to try it right now. Shall I use the "Kernel Cache"=amd arch=i386 -v - Flag?I'm using the USB-Version by the way. I'm writing it on a FAT32 USB-Stick with Win32 Disk Imager.Greetings.

Update: Mavericks installation via USB seems not to be working .. What am I doing wrong? :(

I have the same board and I can't get it to boot. I get a reboot at starting Darwin x86_64. I can only get that far when using safemode (-x) and without it reboots before verbose shows anything. 

"HolySemtex" what point are you getting stuck at?

To boot mavericks you'll just have to type in the boot screen: amd64 -v -x

It worked for me!! :)

If you are using AMD FX Series, type AMDFX as the boot flag along with -f. That would be enough to boot into installer.

try this bootflag for niresh-mavericks:

amdfx GraphicsdEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -v

before that you must change BIOS configuration

first, choose Fail-save configuration

then change these BIOS configuration:

HPET=disabled

EFI=disabled or choose Non-EFI

SATA=AHCI

I'm actually facing the problem, that I can't use my USB-Ports and my Hard Drive if I'm setting it to AHCI .. is there a simple solution?

Now I was able to boot from my stick.

But my installation simply won't work. I've tried all reasonable flags. The newest error is the pmap_steal_memory one. I've not reached the installation YET!