Pouya

How to convert @Niresh High Sierra Zone DMG to a valid bootable ISO

We are all at the mercy of @Niresh hard work here. While i am typing my hackintosh Yosemite zone is running on virtualbox roughly stable but it's way beyond my expections. After a little playing with hereYosemite i downloaded High Sierra DMG via torrent and and now i'm trying to do the same for High sierra zone. But as you now virtualbox can only boot from a bootable ISO. here is what i did to convert hackintosh high sierra to ISO. Unfortunately the result is not a valid ISO file. i guess many things should be added to the ISO file to make it a bootable valid ISO.Yosemite i downloaded High Sierra DMG via torrent and and now i'm trying to do the same for High sierra zone. But as you now virtualbox can only boot from a bootable ISO. here is what i did to convert hackintosh high sierra to ISO. Unfortunately the result is not a valid ISO file. i guess many things should be added to the ISO file to make it a bootable valid ISO.

Code provided here is not commented so somethings to make it more readable.

The guide i used to convert the DMG is here

DMG reside in ~/Public

I used BaseSystem.dmg from @Niresh DMG file.

$ hdiutil create -o /tmp/HighSierra.cdr size 7316m -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J
...................................................................... .........
created: /tmp/HighSierra.cdr.dmg
$ hdiutil attach /tmp/HighSierra.cdr.dmg noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_build
/dev/disk1          Apple_partition_scheme         
/dev/disk1s1        Apple_partition_map            
/dev/disk1s2        Apple_HFS                      /Volumes/ install_build
$ hdiutil attach Public/Hackintosh\ Zone\ High\ Sierra\ Installer.dmg
expected   CRC32 $68B20BCF /dev/disk2          FDisk_partition_scheme         
/dev/disk2s1        Windows_FAT_32                 
/dev/disk2s2        Apple_HFS                      /Volumes/ Hackintosh Zone High Sierra Installer 
$ asr restore -source /Volumes/Hackintosh\ Zone\ High\ Sierra\ Installer/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/ install_build -noprompt -noverify -erase
	Validating target...done
	Validating source...done
	Retrieving scan information...done
	Validating sizes...done
	Restoring  .... 10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100
	Remounting target volume...done        
$ hdiutil detach /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/
"disk1" unmounted.
$ hdiutil convert /tmp/HighSierra.cdr.dmg -format UDTO -o /tmp/HighSierra.iso
Reading Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…
Reading Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)…
Reading disk image (Apple_HFS : 2)…
........................................................................................
Elapsed Time:  1m 30.306s
Speed: 81.0Mbytes/sec
Savings: 0.0%
created: /tmp/HighSierra.iso.cdr
$ mv /tmp/HighSierra.iso.cdr Public/ HighSierra.iso

My BAD. The iso i made in post 1 is healthy and works

Ok i followed the how to geek's great post on installing High Sierra on my VirtualBox and right now it is installing High Sierra i created from @Niresh High Sierra zone image on my vm. But i think both official high sierra zone and Niresh high sierra zone uses the same BaseSystem.dmg file and there is no different between the two unless @Niresh is modified it's version. But to me it's not the same experience like the Yosemite zone and feels like an official install.