Intel HD Graphics 4000 - High Sierra 10.13 - screen lags/flickers - Hackintosh High sierra - Hackintosh Zone
montys

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - High Sierra 10.13 - screen lags/flickers

Question

I successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13 hackintosh using Niresh's High Sierra build on a custom built desktop PC and finished the post installation with MultiBeast. My build uses the following components, monitors and settings:

MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard
Intel i7 3.4 GHz - Generation 3 (Ivy Bridge) CPU
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
2 x 24-inch Samsung SyncMaster monitors (connected via an HDMI-to-DVI adapter and second connected using DVI cable)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
IGPU memory set to 64 MB within BIOS

DVMT set to 128 MB (can't set it less than this value)

The problem is that each time I move any of the windows there is a huge lag. I can see the contents of the windows painted along the path of the movement. Also any type of video playback makes the screen flicker constantly. I know it's an issue with the driver and ensured I have all the right kext files in Library\Extensions but I am not 100% sure so I am included a list of that at the bottom of this message.

I have tried setting the ig-platform-id to 0x01660005, 0x0166000a and 0x0166000b using Clover Configurator but it didn't help me rectify this issue. To troubleshoot it further, I removed one of the monitors and tried using a single DVI cable and it gives me the same issue. I also changed the SMBIOS setting to 13,1 as it best matches my hardware and still had no luck. I previously had Niresh's Mavericks installed for years followed by Niresh's El Capitan on the same machine but never had any of these issues. But now I am stumped and hoping for some directions. Any help would be really appreciated!

1 answer to this question

Merhaba, aynı problemi yaşıyorum. sorunu çözebilir misin? Eğer biliyorsan bana yardım edebilir misin?@montys