xW4LK3R

Can't boot HS flash drive - Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

xW4LK3R

Hello guys! I've been trying to boot the installation process through my flash drive with High Sierra Niresh's version and no success so far. 

I've been getting this error everytime i try to boot it up: "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

Does anyone have any tips?

PCSpecs: 

Mobo: Asrock extreme4 z68
Cpu: i7 2700k 
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Gpu: GTX 1070 EVGA

49280959423__6aa903dd-69f5-48b2-a22d-7f8

Google

@xW4LK3R Yes replace OsxApioFix2Drv.efi with OsxApioFixDrv.efi
OsxApioFix2Drv.efi is located /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder

xW4LK3R
1 minute ago, Google said:

@xW4LK3R Yes replace OsxApioFix2Drv.efi with OsxApioFixDrv.efi
OsxApioFix2Drv.efi is located /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder

Can i make this replacement on Windows? If so do you know where i can find this file?
Thanks for replying me! :rofl:

xW4LK3R

Couldn't find the file on the web. The only one that i've found was this one:  OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and after replacing the previous one with this new one i got a screen with a lot of;

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and then the pc reboots. Any tips?

• Like 1

xW4LK3R

Thanks for the reply Niresh!
Unfortunately i couldn't pass the black screen part with the +++++++++++++++++++

I've tried everything possible in the BIOS settings but it seems like this motherboard isn't able to boot MAC OS X. Haven't seen anyone who made a working hackintosh with this board. Anyways thanks for the help anyways!

Hackintosh

@xW4LK3R You are booting in UEFI mode, if you try to boot in Legacy mode (Make changes in BIOS), Chameleon boot-loader will be loaded instead of Clover, So you can bypass this issue

let me know if it worked 

xW4LK3R
19 minutes ago, Niresh said:

@xW4LK3R You are booting in UEFI mode, if you try to boot in Legacy mode (Make changes in BIOS), Chameleon boot-loader will be loaded instead of Clover, So you can bypass this issue

let me know if it worked 

I tried with Chameleon and the bootloader recgonizes my hardware specs but then suddenly reboots after that. 

The only options in my BIOS are to change to AHCI, Legacy Mode etc, there aren't a lot of opitions available. 

Hackintosh

@xW4LK3R Try these in BIOS

• Load "UEFI Default Settings"
  • Change IDE to AHCI
  • Disable Spread Spectrum and Intel SpeedStep Technology

The following lines were copied from a Forum Post

You should not have any discrete card present during boot or it will kernel panic. Ensure "onboard graphics" is enabled before turning it off and removing the discrete card from your system. Save your UEFI settings exit, turn off your system, remove the discrete card, plug in your HDMI or DVI to HDMI and you should be good to go.

xW4LK3R
2 hours ago, Niresh said:

@xW4LK3R Try these in BIOS

• Load "UEFI Default Settings"
  • Change IDE to AHCI
  • Disable Spread Spectrum and Intel SpeedStep Technology

The following lines were copied from a Forum Post

You should not have any discrete card present during boot or it will kernel panic. Ensure "onboard graphics" is enabled before turning it off and removing the discrete card from your system. Save your UEFI settings exit, turn off your system, remove the discrete card, plug in your HDMI or DVI to HDMI and you should be good to go.

Thank you Niresh for all of your tips. Unfortunately i couldn't get to the installation screen. 

After trying to boot with both bootloaders (Chameleon and Clover) my pc still reboots seconds after trying to boot.

I think it's something related to my motherboard due to it being old. Thanks anyways! Glad to see you're still working on those beautiful distros. I've been a follower since the other blog.

• Like 1

Hackintosh

@xW4LK3R Im sorry i can't debug in every case your should go with Yosemite then

Thanks for being a part of Hackintosh Zone.

• Thanks 1