krystal1969

High Sierra Install

Good afternoon everyone! I've created an install USB stick successfully and boots automatically into Hackintosh High Sierra. I'm able to format the HD, labelling as 'Mac OS' and then installing. After a while, when it looks like it's about to complete, I get an "unknown error" stating that mac os can not be installed. I'm not sure how to view any log files for installation so get more info.

My system is an Acer Aspire  F 15 (F5-573-725L):

Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz
Motherboard Captain_SK
Insyde v1.27 BIOS (UEFI mode with Secure Boot disabled) ... no other available options to change.
12 GB Memory
500 HB HDD
Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake)
Intel HDA Intel PCH
HD Webcam

Throughout the installation program within Mac OS High Sierra, video looks incredible. Just not sure about the unknown error <LOL>

As well, I have chosen intel options within the installer. Not sure what else to do.

Krystal

Hi there. I have the exact laptop and was able to install MacOS HS on it and boot up. I followed tonymaxx086 instructions but....

the following are NOT working as yet....

1) Keyboard and trackpad (although usb kb and mouse work)
2) Backlite control (screen appears to be in battery mode - dimmed)
3) Sound
4) Wifi 
5) battery?

I am able to access the internet and browse ok using Safari.

I want to resolve #1 and 2 before I resolve the rest, but I am having an issue to determine what kexts to inject. There is no cross reference to this MOBO and I am not familiar with it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks....