Jump to content
Cantero

Sierra Zone instant reboot with AMD

Recommended Posts

Hi! I'm trying to install Sierra Zone with an AMD FX6100 processor, i tried everything that i found, and nothing works, even the bootflags that used to work with Yosemite and Mavericks Zone, i'm so frustrated because of this, please help!

Bootflags that i tried: Kernel=kernel.amd /amd GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 ncpi=0x3000 EHCIacquire=Yes ForceHPET=Yes USBBusFix=Yes etc etc

NOTHING WORKS! :(

AMD FX6100

Asus M5A78L-M LX

HD 7750r

RAM 6GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Cantero.

Are you booting with Clover or Chameleon? Clover gives you pictures with a background and only works with UEFI boot. Chameleon Is plain and only works with Legacy boot with only the drives named and with no set bootflags.

If you are on clover, use kcsuffix=amd and you will probably need npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000. use those if you get stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin/End]. Also make sure to boot with -v.

Send me a picture of your problem if possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Hello Cantero.

Are you booting with Clover or Chameleon? Clover gives you pictures with a background and only works with UEFI boot. Chameleon Is plain and only works with Legacy boot with only the drives named and with no set bootflags.

If you are on clover, use kcsuffix=amd and you will probably need npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000. use those if you get stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin/End]. Also make sure to boot with -v.

Send me a picture of your problem if possible.

Hi! I'm using Chameleon, i already have installed Yosemite and works great, but when i try to boot Sierra Zone this happen, i can't take any photo because it reboots almost instantly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cantero said:

Hi! I'm just using Chameleon, i already have installed Yosemite and works great, but when i try to boot Sierra Zone this happen, i can't take any photo because it reboots almost instantly

Yep, I see your problem. I tested it myself and and I got the same thing with the flags. Are you able to use Clover with UEFI boot mode? If so, type

kcsuffix=amd npci=0x3000

If you have another operating system installed with legacy boot mode, you may just have to switch the boot modes each time for the different OS. If you just want to stick to legacy, you may have to try and put a different AMD kernel in yourself in /System/Library/Kernels/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Yep, I see your problem. I tested it myself and and I got the same thing with the flags. Are you able to use Clover with UEFI boot mode? If so, type

kcsuffix=amd npci=0x3000

If you have another operating system installed with legacy boot mode, you may just have to switch the boot modes each time for the different OS. If you just want to stick to legacy, you may have to try and put a different AMD kernel in yourself in /System/Library/Kernels/.

I cannot boot with Clover... 

I've installed Chameleon with Yosemite... when i tried to boot, verbose goes a little further than with legacy but when i tought that finally worked, no, it restarted again without the possibility to read when...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cantero said:

I cannot boot with Clover... 

I've installed Chameleon with Yosemite... when i tried to boot, verbose goes a little further than with legacy but when i tought that finally worked, no, it restarted again without the possibility to read when...

Does your BIOS support UEFI/EFI? Because unfortunately that seems to be the only way it will work (with Clover). If it supports EFI, switch to that and the USB will boot clover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boot-flags

Chameleon

Kernel=kernel.amd or Kernel=kernel.amd1

 

 

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

Check your BIOS Settings for Hackintosh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Niresh said:

Boot-flags

Chameleon

Kernel=kernel.amd or Kernel=kernel.amd1

 

 

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

Check your BIOS Settings for Hackintosh

 

The Chameleon boot command is wrong. I tried only "kernel.amd" and it worked, instead of "Kernel=kernel.amd". That leads to the prelinkedkernel folder.

Hello. I fixed your problem!

For Chameleon, Kernel=kernel.amd leads to the prelinkedkernel folder which isn't where the AMD kernel is stored. I tried this myself in Chameleon and it worked, but type ALL these commands for AMD

kernel.amd -v npci=0x3000

 

This should make it boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 2:26 AM, Niresh said:

Boot-flags

Chameleon

Kernel=kernel.amd or Kernel=kernel.amd1

 

 

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

Check your BIOS Settings for Hackintosh

 

My bios are okay.

I tried that already and doesn't work

On 3/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

The Chameleon boot command is wrong. I tried only "kernel.amd" and it worked, instead of "Kernel=kernel.amd". That leads to the prelinkedkernel folder.

Hello. I fixed your problem!

For Chameleon, Kernel=kernel.amd leads to the prelinkedkernel folder which isn't where the AMD kernel is stored. I tried this myself in Chameleon and it worked, but type ALL these commands for AMD

kernel.amd -v npci=0x3000

 

This should make it boot

My mother doesn't support UEFI

I went to try so happily thinking "this time is gonna work" but nop:

"Can't find boot file: '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.amd'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. Do you have a current Mac OS X system installed? If not, you could also use TransMac for windows. I think I may have moved the AMD kernel myself from the untitled folder in /System/Library/Kernels/.

With TransMac or Mac OS X, open the USB and go to System/Library/Kernels/untitled folder/ and move the kernel.amd file to System/Library/Kernels/. Don't worry about the kernel.intel file. Then try booting with kernel.amd again in Chameleon and hopefully it will work.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Sorry. Do you have a current Mac OS X system installed? If not, you could also use TransMac for windows. I think I may have moved the AMD kernel myself from the untitled folder in /System/Library/Kernels/.

With TransMac or Mac OS X, open the USB and go to System/Library/Kernels/untitled folder/ and move the kernel.amd file to System/Library/Kernels/. Don't worry about the kernel.intel file. Then try booting with kernel.amd again in Chameleon and hopefully it will work.

Good luck!

It finally worked! but i can't made it to the installation page, i get the AppleUSBEHCI : Stop/Restart Loop.

I'm almost there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cantero said:

It finally worked! but i can't made it to the installation page, i get the AppleUSBEHCI : Stop/Restart Loop.

I'm almost there!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen that problem before. 

TryUSBBusFix=Yes or USBLegacyOff=Yes. If that doesn't work, only type the command "?" And see if you can find a boot command that relates to USBs. Have you tried waiting for a while? I think I had a similar issue and it ended up with around 8 lines of the same thing until it went passed those lines eventually. Although it took a while for it to pass.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Contribute

    This is a free website, We'll try to keep it that way, Your donations and disabling Adblock makes this site going on, Thanks for understanding.



    $22.30 of $200.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

  • Posts

    • I don't think the ten series work yet on Mojave, I have a Ryzen with a GTX 1050 and I'm staying in High Sierra for now.
    • Hardware Information CPU Intel Core i7 6800K @ 3.40GHz Broadwell-E/EP 14nm Technology RAM 32.0GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 1599MHz (15-15-15-35) Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X99-Ultra Gaming-CF (SOCKET 0) Graphics 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)
      I have tried High Sierra and Sierra with no good luck. I had it installed once before but the issue was I couldn't boot into it, of course, lol.   Now I can't seem to get the installer to boot, but can get to the bootloader to enter flags. I've tried npci=0x2000  nv_disable=1 -v -f -x which ends up just crashing the thing and it says it's exiting.    I'm really trying to get this to work, I'm sick of Windows always having updates and dumb issues. My timezone won't even work right lol What?    Please let me know what other info you need so I can get this loaded!   PS: Tonymac banned me for discussing "illegal distributions" or using one or some crap like that... was a member for like 5 years. Really crappy of them. Not sure what they're even talking about. No warnings or anything. I think because I mentioned another site they got pissed lol    
    • I now see that my wifi adapter doesn't work as it's Intel.  I purchased USB-AC53 Nano which works, but handoff, even with functioning Bluetooth and wifi doesn't work.  Suggestions?  
    • @Niresh is there any work around for graphics for the gt1030 on dell optiplex 760?
    • @Niresh - my apologies for the delay.  I didn't see this until now.  I've made quite a bit of headway and am up and running except for my wifi from what I can tell.  Is this something you can help with?  As to the specs:   https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/6bx4y52/configuration   Thanks so much!
  • Download Statistics

    • Files
      855
    • Comments
      2,148
    • Reviews
      2,613

    Latest File
    By Niresh

    193    2

×