Cantero

Sierra Zone instant reboot with AMD

Hi! I'm trying to install Sierra Zone with an AMD FX6100 processor, i tried everything that i found, and nothing works, even the bootflags that used to work with Yosemite and Mavericks Zone, i'm so frustrated because of this, please help!

Bootflags that i tried: Kernel=kernel.amd /amd GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 ncpi=0x3000 EHCIacquire=Yes ForceHPET=Yes USBBusFix=Yes etc etc

NOTHING WORKS! :(

AMD FX6100

Asus M5A78L-M LX

HD 7750r

RAM 6GB

Hello Cantero.

Are you booting with Clover or Chameleon? Clover gives you pictures with a background and only works with UEFI boot. Chameleon Is plain and only works with Legacy boot with only the drives named and with no set bootflags.

If you are on clover, use kcsuffix=amd and you will probably need npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000. use those if you get stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin/End]. Also make sure to boot with -v.

Send me a picture of your problem if possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Hello Cantero.

Are you booting with Clover or Chameleon? Clover gives you pictures with a background and only works with UEFI boot. Chameleon Is plain and only works with Legacy boot with only the drives named and with no set bootflags.

If you are on clover, use kcsuffix=amd and you will probably need npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000. use those if you get stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin/End]. Also make sure to boot with -v.

Send me a picture of your problem if possible.

Hi! I'm using Chameleon, i already have installed Yosemite and works great, but when i try to boot Sierra Zone this happen, i can't take any photo because it reboots almost instantly

1 hour ago, Cantero said:

Hi! I'm just using Chameleon, i already have installed Yosemite and works great, but when i try to boot Sierra Zone this happen, i can't take any photo because it reboots almost instantly

Yep, I see your problem. I tested it myself and and I got the same thing with the flags. Are you able to use Clover with UEFI boot mode? If so, type

kcsuffix=amd npci=0x3000

If you have another operating system installed with legacy boot mode, you may just have to switch the boot modes each time for the different OS. If you just want to stick to legacy, you may have to try and put a different AMD kernel in yourself in /System/Library/Kernels/.

1 hour ago, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Yep, I see your problem. I tested it myself and and I got the same thing with the flags. Are you able to use Clover with UEFI boot mode? If so, type

kcsuffix=amd npci=0x3000

If you have another operating system installed with legacy boot mode, you may just have to switch the boot modes each time for the different OS. If you just want to stick to legacy, you may have to try and put a different AMD kernel in yourself in /System/Library/Kernels/.

I cannot boot with Clover... 

I've installed Chameleon with Yosemite... when i tried to boot, verbose goes a little further than with legacy but when i tought that finally worked, no, it restarted again without the possibility to read when...

I cannot boot with Clover... 

I've installed Chameleon with Yosemite... when i tried to boot, verbose goes a little further than with legacy but when i tought that finally worked, no, it restarted again without the possibility to read when...

Does your BIOS support UEFI/EFI? Because unfortunately that seems to be the only way it will work (with Clover). If it supports EFI, switch to that and the USB will boot clover.

Boot-flags

Chameleon

Kernel=kernel.amd or Kernel=kernel.amd1

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

Check your BIOS Settings for Hackintosh

15 hours ago, Niresh said:

Boot-flags

Chameleon

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

The Chameleon boot command is wrong. I tried only "kernel.amd" and it worked, instead of "Kernel=kernel.amd". That leads to the prelinkedkernel folder.

Hello. I fixed your problem!

For Chameleon, Kernel=kernel.amd leads to the prelinkedkernel folder which isn't where the AMD kernel is stored. I tried this myself in Chameleon and it worked, but type ALL these commands for AMD

kernel.amd -v npci=0x3000

This should make it boot

On 3/1/2018 at 2:26 AM, Niresh said:

Boot-flags

Chameleon

For Clover

kcsuffix=amd

kcsuffix=amd1

Try these first

My bios are okay.

I tried that already and doesn't work

On 3/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

The Chameleon boot command is wrong. I tried only "kernel.amd" and it worked, instead of "Kernel=kernel.amd". That leads to the prelinkedkernel folder.

Hello. I fixed your problem!

For Chameleon, Kernel=kernel.amd leads to the prelinkedkernel folder which isn't where the AMD kernel is stored. I tried this myself in Chameleon and it worked, but type ALL these commands for AMD

kernel.amd -v npci=0x3000

This should make it boot

My mother doesn't support UEFI

I went to try so happily thinking "this time is gonna work" but nop:

"Can't find boot file: '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.amd'

Sorry. Do you have a current Mac OS X system installed? If not, you could also use TransMac for windows. I think I may have moved the AMD kernel myself from the untitled folder in /System/Library/Kernels/.

With TransMac or Mac OS X, open the USB and go to System/Library/Kernels/untitled folder/ and move the kernel.amd file to System/Library/Kernels/. Don't worry about the kernel.intel file. Then try booting with kernel.amd again in Chameleon and hopefully it will work.

Good luck!

On 5/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, JoshFailingHackintosh said:

Sorry. Do you have a current Mac OS X system installed? If not, you could also use TransMac for windows. I think I may have moved the AMD kernel myself from the untitled folder in /System/Library/Kernels/.

With TransMac or Mac OS X, open the USB and go to System/Library/Kernels/untitled folder/ and move the kernel.amd file to System/Library/Kernels/. Don't worry about the kernel.intel file. Then try booting with kernel.amd again in Chameleon and hopefully it will work.

Good luck!

It finally worked! but i can't made it to the installation page, i get the AppleUSBEHCI : Stop/Restart Loop.

I'm almost there!

It finally worked! but i can't made it to the installation page, i get the AppleUSBEHCI : Stop/Restart Loop.

I'm almost there!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen that problem before. 

TryUSBBusFix=Yes or USBLegacyOff=Yes. If that doesn't work, only type the command "?" And see if you can find a boot command that relates to USBs. Have you tried waiting for a while? I think I had a similar issue and it ended up with around 8 lines of the same thing until it went passed those lines eventually. Although it took a while for it to pass.

Good luck!