srabadan

Hackintosh Yosemite Boot Loop

Hi everyone. Here are my specs

MOBO :Gigabyte Z68 XP UD3 (1155)

GPU : HD 6870 1gb

CPU Intel i7 2600k (1155)

60gb SATA SSD

MOBO is using legacy Bios.

This machine has served me well for years. I tripped a circuit breaker a few weeks ago and now it's stuck in a boot loop. I have setup a new bootable USB to reinstall but for some reason the boot loop is happening when I startup from this as well. I can manage to get to the desktop using the safe mode boot flag (-x) but after a few moments, the desktop freezes and the computer reboots. I used the 10.10.1 disc image to create the new USB stick I am not sure if this could be causing the boot problem in the USB. Should I have used the 10.10.0?

At first I suspected a hardware issue but I left the computer on for two days at in the bios screen and it stayed on just fine. Hoping someone can give me a hand figuring out which boot flags can get me going again or how I can reinstall the OS. I really need to get past the freeze/reboot cycle I am in. I am almost ready to nuke this thing and install windows :(