Sign in to follow this  
bluekittens

unable to install Sierra: error HID Legacy shim 2?

Relevant information:

Mobo: NP300E5V-A06NG
CPU: Intel(R) Core i3-3120M
Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 8750M

I recently followed the hackintosh sierra zone guide. I created a bootable USB by closely following the guide. There's nothing wrong with the USB. I can boot it and I can select options and I can choose "boot macOS" as an option but whenever I choose that option, the apple logo comes up and a loading bar under it starts to load only to reach about halfway through. The loading bar and the apple logo disappear only to be replaced by a "prohibited" symbol. 

I tried to boot using -s -F -f -x nv_disable=1 and every single boot arg on the internet yet it doesn't seem to be working. I tried vibrose mode and this is what came up. 

here is an image: https://ibb.co/iMoLF5

Please note: for some reason I can't get the UEFI 64 shell mode to work as it immediately directs me into a black screen. I would also prefer to manually add kexts if that's required. 

All help is welcome and greatly appreciated, I've been trying to fix this problem for days. 

On 6/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, bluekittens said:

Relevant information:

Mobo: NP300E5V-A06NG
CPU: Intel(R) Core i3-3120M
Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 8750M

I recently followed the hackintosh sierra zone guide. I created a bootable USB by closely following the guide. There's nothing wrong with the USB. I can boot it and I can select options and I can choose "boot macOS" as an option but whenever I choose that option, the apple logo comes up and a loading bar under it starts to load only to reach about halfway through. The loading bar and the apple logo disappear only to be replaced by a "prohibited" symbol. 

I tried to boot using -s -F -f -x nv_disable=1 and every single boot arg on the internet yet it doesn't seem to be working. I tried vibrose mode and this is what came up. 

here is an image: https://ibb.co/iMoLF5

Please note: for some reason I can't get the UEFI 64 shell mode to work as it immediately directs me into a black screen. I would also prefer to manually add kexts if that's required. 

All help is welcome and greatly appreciated, I've been trying to fix this problem for days. 

i have the exact same problem but on older hardware. I have intel core2quad cpu and sierra installer works perfect but i couldn't make high sierra work no matter what i tried and i tried for about 2 or 3 days i think :))) if you find a solution to this" hid legacy shim error" please post it on this forum because i'm sure there are others that hava the same problem.