I need your Yosemite Zone version suggestions for my AMD PC Set-up
I want to preface this post by saying that I've gone back and forth through the forums, scouring them for suggestions/methods that may work for my setup. After struggling with bootflags and a hundred+ forum posts, I got as far as getting Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 installed, got it to run in safe mode with a series of bootflags(npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=0, -x -f- v, etc...), got MultiBeast up to install the necessary Kext's for my system and update my bootloader to Chimera. After attempting to install kexts necessary to get my Audio, ethernet, and ati graphics card running properly, that's when it all went downhill. No combination of bootflags, UEFI configurations, or appends to my bootloader.plist through windows seemed to work to salvage all of my work up to this point. I still have the 'seemingly' broken instance of OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 installed on a partition that I have yet to format for another go at getting something to work. I wanted to wait for feedback from you all before doing so, which I'm hoping to receive within the next few days. Below, I'll outline my computer specs, and the exact method I used to get as far as I did. Hopefully, based on the information, you guys will be able to suggest alternate methods of getting it to work given my specific hardware setup.
OS: Windows 10.1
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6-core
GPU: AMD Ati Radeon HD 7900
Ram:4gbx2 8GB Corsair
Steps to install:
1. Used TransMac to format my pen/thumb drive for Mac
2. Restored image with Yosemite Zone.DMG
3. Used windows disk-utility to shrink my WDC HDD to create a partition for my Yosemite Installation.
4. Shut-down, unplugged all usb hardware, green front-speaker in, and my Kingston SDD with my windows install as to not accidentally format it and lose Windows.
5. Powered up, held DEL to enter into my mobo's UEFI config, set my pen drive as the first boot option, and set my SATA to AHCI mode, rebooted.
6. Successfully booted from pen drive into Yosemite Zone interface. Chose Yosemite Zone partition(pen drive), and booted with a few flags including PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 /amd .-v.
7 After a series of failures and Kernal Panic troubleshooting, I was able to get in and install Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 on the partition mentioned in Step-3.
8.This is where the real frustration began. I'm not sure how many different combinations of bootflags I had to try, but I finally got the installation to boot in safemode.
9. After being really confused about what to do next since I couldn't figure out how to boot outside of Safe-Mode, I eventually used a HFS compatibility program in windows to implant Multibeast directly into my OSX partition, specifically in my users/*name*/downloads folder.
10. Booted Yosemite in safemode, ran multibeast, and using several guides, picked and chose a few different kexts that should have been compatible with my machine. I chose Chimera as my bootloader and left the default flags there as per one guides suggestion. Rebooted.
11. I was able to boot outside of safe mode with only one flag, PCIRootUID=0(couldn't find this one in chameleon). I still couldn't get my graphics and wifi to work, so through windows, and using the HFS+ compatibility tool, I dropped a few more kext's into my Yosemite partition's download folder and rebooted into Yosemite. This is where I broke my installation, and from there, couldn't figure out how to repair it.
I know this is a really long read, so if anyone of you have a similar/same setup as me and have been able to get 10.10.1 to work with your machine, or another OSX version for that matter, I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thank you all who had the patience to read this, if anyone at all. I look forward to any feedback from you guys!