This topic shows how I installed the Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5 dual boot with Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560, some steps may be redundant but thatâ€™s the way I did it work, if you have any problem just post bellow that I will try to help you.
- Dell Inspiron 14R-3560 (Chipset HM77, Intel Core i7 3632QM (2.2 GHz), GT 630M & Intel HD 4000) â€“ System Information attached;
- Dual Boot
- Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5
- Windows 7
- Enable Ethernet
- Enable Sound
- Enable Keyboard and Touchpad
Out of scope:
- Other models;
- Enable GT 630M;
- Enable HDMI â€“ Intel HD 4000;
- Enable Wifi.
1. Download ImgBurn;
2. Download Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5.iso;
3. Burn the Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5.iso into a blank DVD-R with ImgBurn (AVOID USB DRIVE, I tried with 4 different pen drive on 4 different ports with 4 different distroâ€™s);
4. Burn the Windows 7 Ultimate into a blank DVD-R with ImgBurn;
5. Download and save on a USB Drive the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2;
6. Access your BIOS, disable â€œVirtualization Technologyâ€, set SATA Operation as â€œAHCIâ€ and change UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode to â€œLegacyâ€;
7. Press F12 and boot and choose CD-ROM to boot in Windows 7 disk;
8. In the first screen press SHIFT + F10 and type DISKPART <enter> LIST DISK <enter> SELECT DISK N (where N is your disk) <enter> CLEAN (keep in mind that youâ€™re going to lose all your data) <enter> CONVERT GPT <enter> EXIT <enter> ;
9. Close the CMD and shut down the computer;
10. Press F12 and boot with Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5 with no boot flags;
11. Go to disk utility, create and format 3 GUID Partition Table, 1st as â€œMACâ€ â€“ Journaled (Extended), 2nd as â€œWINDOWSâ€ â€“ FAT MS-DOS and 3rd as â€œFILESâ€ â€“ FAT MS-DOS;
12. Quit disk utility and reboot the machine again;
13. Press F12 and boot with Windows 7 disk;
14. Install Windows 7 on the 2nd partition (will be shown as the 3rd - format as NTFS);
15. After the installation was completed, reboot the computer, press F12 and boot with Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5 with no boot flags;
16. Go to CUSTOMIZE and uncheck Graphics, Ethernet and Sound, then extend Graphics and select only â€œBackup Graphics Kextâ€;
17. Select the MAC partition and install it;
18. After reboot, press any key, press SPACE and type -x (boot as safe mode);
19. Create your login on the OS X, wait Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5 finishes the installation then restart;
20. Boot again on Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.8.5 without any flag;
21. Open the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2 and select ONLY Drivers > Sound > All in One Audio Solution, install, reboot and then select Network > Ethernet > Atheros > ALXEthernet, install, reboot and finally select TouchPad & Keyboard > Generic Touchpad, install, reboot and done!
Note: As I couldnâ€™t enable the HDMI on the Intel HD 4000 Graphics I will try to solve this with the Nireshâ€™s Mac OS X 10.9, so as soon as possible Iâ€™m going to post step by step how I did it on Mavericks.
Cheers and beers!
This post has been promoted to an article