File Name: TL-WN725N_v2_USB_MacOS10.8
The TP-Link TL-WN723N USB WiFi has 3 versions:
- V1 - using the realtek chip RTL8188SU (source)
- V2 - using the realtek chip RTL8188CUS (source)
- V3 - using the realtek chip RTL8188EUS (source)
This package was uploaded specifically for V3.
To check your version, check the inscription on the silver contacts of the usb wifi itself.
Should appear as FCC ID: TE7WN723NV3
Took me a day and several attempts before I stumbled onto this package.
This package includes:
- Separate Wireless Network Utility app
- RTL8188EU kext (for TL-WN723N-V3 and TL-WN725N-V2)
- RTL8192SU / RTL8192CU kexts (I seriously don't know why these are present)
NOTE: This package is really for TL-WN725N-V2 but works for the TL-WN723N-V3 too (since both use the same kext)
PS: Since I had a tough day getting my TL-WN723N-V3 to work, i thought i'd upload this separately to save your time.
This package will...
- Work for:
- TL-WN723N-V3 (has the required RTL8188EU kext)
- TL-WN725N-V2 (has the required RTL8188EU kext)
- NOT work for:
- TL-WN723N-V1 (missing RTL8188SU kext)
- TL-WN723N-V2 (missing RTL8188CUS kext) (NOTE: user AbdullahAlT3mimy, in his comments, mentioned that it worked for him)
if nothing works then try your luck here: official realtek driver download link
2. Install (next-next-next-next)
4. Plug-in the USB wifi and the Wireless Network Utility should automatically appear
5. Under Link Status, ensure the bottom right button reads "Radio Button Off"
6. Go to "Available Networks" tab and connect to the required wifi network
(if the SSID is hidden, it will still appear but as a nameless network.
Use common sense and your wireless networking experience/knowledge to guide yourself from here)